Online casinos can also be known as internet casinos or virtual casinos. They are the upgraded and online versions of the normal, traditional casinos. They allow users to wager on online games via the internet. Generally, online casinos are loved because they offer higher payback percentages and odds higher than the traditional casinos. Online casinos are also loved because many of them offer sign-up and welcome bonuses to new members. They also offer referral bonuses, were people are rewarded for inviting their friends into the game.
Games offered in gambling games include: Bingo, Poker, Keno, Sic bo, Roulette and Baccarat, Blackjack, Craps and slot machines.
Most online casinos make use of different software like Playtech, Realtime gaming, Microgaming, Cryptologic, Net Entertainment, WagerWorks, Chartwell and International Game Tech., for the programming of the software.
- Playtech: This is a software company that founded in 1966 by Teddy Sagi, an Israeli businessman.
- Realtime gaming: This is one o the biggest software providers in the gambling business originally based in the United States of America. However, they moved to Costa Rica in the early 2000s to continue their business. RTG was loved by many because of the extremely fast gameplay and they are still the fastest in the business.
- Microgaming: This is the oldest casino software provider among those listed in this page. It was started in the middle of 1990sand till now; it still remains a privately owned business. In the early 1990s, when it was started newly, the software was very slow (probably because it was the first). However, in early 2000s, an upgraded and extremely faster version was released into the web and it became a people’s choice.
- Cryptologic: Cryptologic is another old software used in the gambling business. It was founded in 1995 and was licensed by Intercasino, one of the best and most reputable licencees in the olden days. However, in the early 2012, Cryptologic was sold to Amaya Gaming and later resold to Goldstar Acquisitionco in 2014. Presently, a downloaded version of the software is no more available and it has fallen past its competitors over the recent days.
- Net Entertainment: This was previously the internet-based Swedish gambling corporation’ gambling arm. It supplied gambling equipments to ships and restaurants in combination with its online business. Its software is java-based and non-downloadable, and was submitted to Technical Systems Testing (TST), an independent Canadadian certification body in the middle of 2005.
- WagerWorks: This was a subsidiary of Silicon Gaming, manufacturer of slot machines. It was in 2005, taken over by global slot manufacturing giant and since then, it has focused mainly on slot game development.
- Chartwell: This was formerly a Canadian company, founded in 1998 and it supplies web-based software for gambling. However in 2011, it was purchased by Amaya Gaming and resold to NYX gaming group.
Online casinos are divided into two groups:
- The web-based casinos: Flash casinos or web-based casinos are websites that doesn’t require their users to download any application or software before playing the game. Download of the software into their local computers or gadgets is not mandatory; rather the casino provides a web-based interface where they can easily log in to play the games. The games are usually represented in the plug-ins of the browser like Java, Macromedia flash, Macromedia shockwave and a supported browser is normally required before the users can play the games. Another thing that is required in flash casinos is bandwidth because all the sounds, animations and graphics are loaded by the web via the plug-in.
- The software-based casinos: The download-based or software-based is a type of casino that requires the gambler to download a software before he or she can be able to play any game. The software is connected to the service provider of the casino and can handle the contacts without the browsers aid or support. These types generally operate faster than the web-based casinos because the sound and graphics’ programs are cached by the client (software). However, one of the advantages of the web-based casinos over the software or download-based casinos is that the software normally takes time to be downloaded and installed into the local systems. Also, another disadvantage of these types is that it normally increases the risk of people downloading malwares and viruses into their systems.
For more Info : https://www.777casino.co.uk/online-casinos/